How do I prepare my 2019 Porsche Cayenne for winter in Chicago?
While Chicago’s towering buildings and seemingly endless wind can sound very poetic, reality can be shockingly different. The Windy City isn’t immune to the inevitable snowfall or icy roads, and with that comes the need for a reliable vehicle that starts when you need it and has plenty of cold-weather technology, because no matter how tall the buildings are, they won’t block the bite of winter wind. Help yourself avoid unhappy incidents like vehicle breakdowns by learning how to winterize your 2019 Porsche Cayenne.
- Check your tires! Having winter tires is always a good route to take when winter is coming, but even if you don’t get the cold-weather tires, you should at least check to make sure that they have a deep enough tread.
- Make sure you have enough air in your tires. As we all know, air expands when it is hot, and contracts when it is cool. That is why you’ll find yourself with low tire pressure as the colder months arrive, and why it’s important to fill them before winter hits.
- Check your antifreeze levels to make sure you have enough. If you run out of antifreeze, then as you might imagine, your engine can freeze, and leave you without a working vehicle.
- Change out your windshield wiper fluid for a winter-specific windshield wiper fluid. The winter-specific ones are more freeze-resistant than the regular fluid.
- Keep your fuel tank at least half full for the duration of the cold weather. This can potentially help prevent condensation building in your fuel tank, which can freeze the fuel lines.
Read More: 2019 Porsche Cayenne Models and Trim Levels
2019 Porsche Cayenne technology features for winter
Choosing the right vehicle for your winter endeavors can be easier than it sounds. One of our favorites to drive during the winter in Chicago is the 2019 Porsche Cayenne. Not only is it a powerful vehicle that has a higher ground clearance than a sedan, but it also has some technology features, either standard or optional, that are great in winter, such as:
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Rear Defrost
- Heated mirrors
- Heated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Backup camera
- Daytime Running Lights
- Night Vision
- Traction Control
- Onboard Hands-Free Communication System
Where to get vehicle maintenance in Chicago
It’s important to make sure you are prepared this upcoming winter season. Even if you don’t think anything bad will happen, sometimes things are just out of your control. That’s why being prepared for the worst is always a good idea. Thankfully, you can get your pre-winter maintenance checks right here at Loeber Porsche. We offer vehicle services such as regular maintenance, muffler/exhaust repair, electrical service, and other things as well!
Don’t think our vehicle services are just for winter, either! Whether you are already planning your vacation locations, or have vehicle maintenance needed down the road, Loeber Porsche is more than happy to help, no matter what month it is.
If you have any questions on the standard and available features of the 2019 Porsche Cayenne or are looking to lease or buy this hardy but luxurious SUV then please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of experts will be happy to tell you more!